Business Registration Dubai | You May Need To Stay In The UAE Longer Than You Expected
Business registration Dubai: Why you need to be in the UAE, hurdles, and delays in license registration process
Business registration Dubai: Rumours swirl about how companies can be formed in the United Arab Emirates [UAE] in 1 week. How you need to be in the UAE for only 1 day. How your visa will be ready in 5 days.
None of this is true. These are merely promises made to entice you into giving someone your business.
85% of the time taken at the various steps is either in your hands or in the hands of the jurisdiction and can rarely be influenced.
Please invest 2 minutes of your time to watch the business registration Dubai video below. It spells out how you can benefit. Or if you prefer to read, then feel free to skip the video and go straight to the text below:
Business registration Dubai: You need to be in the UAE for the following:
- The signing of company registration documents for most jurisdictions
- The opening of bank account once your company is registered
- Once you have received the Entry Permit for your Employment of Resident Visa you will need to enter the UAE and be here for
- Medical test
- Biometric registration
- Emirates ID application
- Visa stamping in your passport
The above process usually takes 4 months. If you are in the UAE throughout, the process will go faster since you will be accessible as required and the time may be reduced by half.
If you want to leave the UAE after your company registration application, you can do so and come back on your Entry Permit. The visa and bank account opening formalities can be combined in one visit.
Business registration Dubai: Possible hurdles in the license registration process
Company registration is not always smooth. There are more than 30 steps and delays can and do happen:
- The company names you wanted may not be approved
- Fresh names would need to be applied for, taking additional time
- Especially if you are traveling
- Proof of address documents is not accepted
- Most utility companies give only online statements and these may not be accepted by your jurisdiction’s authorities
- Alternatives may take longer
- Bank reference letters may not be approved or need to be revised
- Business plan or CV requirements may cause extra time to be taken
Business registration Dubai: Delays may occur in the license registration
License registration, depending on the activity, additional ministry approvals, and the jurisdiction, take up to 55 business days. Applying for and receiving the Immigration & Labor registration card takes another 15 business days.
On receiving both you are eligible to apply for your visas.
Almost 40% of the time is taken to get the right Know Your Client [KYC] documents from the clients, getting the application signed by out of country clients, and specific ministry approvals if required.
Business registration Dubai: Main causes of delays
- Clients are not in the country and documents have to be couriered back and forth.
- Signatures on the application or any other document don’t match those on the passport. The passport could have been 10 years old and signatures have varied.
- The license application has been sent to the Immigration Department for pre-approval.
Does the content of this page about business registration Dubai resonate with you? If yes, please share it with your friends using one of the social media buttons or chat with us.
Go from business registration Dubai to Varal homepage