Jebel Ali Freezone | 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Here
Jebel Ali Freezone: Introduction to Jebel Ali free zone, main benefits, ways to form your company
What is Jebel Ali freezone?
Jebel Ali Freezone is a part of Economic Zones World, Dubai, United Arab Emirates [UAE], one of the world’s biggest developers of economic zones, logistics, and private industrial parks.
Please invest 2 minutes of your time to watch the Jebel Ali Free zone video below. It spells out how you can benefit. Or if you prefer to read, then feel free to skip the video and go straight to the text below:
From the very beginning, Jebel Ali was set up to become an international business hub that offers its valued financial industry clients a wide range of valuable features, like a strategic business location, excellent logistics, and high-capacity infrastructure.
Jebel Ali is one of the world’s most service-driven, customer-centric free zones. Free from complicated red tape and vexing government-regulated restrictions, Jebel Ali Free zone provides its trade customers an environment which is most conducive to structured growth.
Jebel Ali Freezone’s deep commitment to excellence has enabled it to win ISO 9001:2000 certifications in 1996, making it the world’s first ISO accredited free zone ever established.
The benefits of Jebel Ali freezone (JAFZA)
Jebel Ali Freezone located in Dubai, well-placed midway between Europe, Asia, and Africa, provides its clients access to a potential customer base of over 2 billion people. From Jebel Ali, all important destinations in the UAE, GCC, and Middle East region are less than a few hours away.
The incredible journey from a base of 19 member companies has manifested itself into an association where it is a globally renowned commercial and industrial hub, home to nearly 6,000 companies from over 110 countries.
Located next to Jebel Ali Port, the largest port in the Middle East a 45 minutes drive from the Dubai International Airport, Jebel Ali Free zone is well-positioned to enable its professional partners the fastest possible access via ships to people in the South and West Asia, the CIS and Africa, Singapore and other locations.
Supported by the region’s extensive highway network Jebel Ali Free zone presents itself as the most efficient ally for all types of business opportunities.
When Jebel Ali opened in 1985, Indian and Gulf state companies were first in the door. Sixteen registered in the first year. Now an average of 16 new companies registers each month.
About 40 percent of the companies are from countries in Europe, the United States, and the Far East.
There are 200 European companies and about 100 from North America. The UAE accounts for close to 200, India 154 and Pakistan 34. There are about a dozen companies from the former Soviet Union and a dozen from China and Hong Kong.
Setup in the Free Zone is simple and straightforward. The Free Zone Authority will assist in dealings with local authorities, taking care of such details as Visas, Legal & Consular requirements and other immigration activities, copies of health insurance cards, driving license and car registration, communication facilities, and sponsor’s letters.
A range of facilities is provided at Jebel Ali Free zone which includes pre-built modern warehouses ready to be leased, office space in various sizes to accommodate the requirements and terms of any company of any size, and reserved plots of land for large-scale projects such as manufacturing and extensive warehousing for all your projects.
Companies can be formed in the following different ways:
- Free zone establishment (FZE) and Free zone company (FZCO): FZE and FZCO applicants can avail of JAFZA’s unique offer of forming a company as a separate legal entity for many reasons. An FZE can be formed with a single managing shareholder with a minimum capital of AED 1 million. An FZCO can be formed with 2 to 5 shareholders with a minimum capital fee of AED 500,000
- Branch company: Companies having valid registration development and license outside JAFZA can apply for the formation of a branch company in JAFZA
- Special status non-resident offshore companies: JAFZA, under Jebel Ali Free zone companies regulations 2003, allows the formation of an offshore company by a foundation, individuals or corporate bodies, as a non-resident company, having a corporate legal entity.
Jebel Ali Free zone boasts a wide range of commercial incentives, from 100% foreign ownership, zero corporate and income taxes for a period of 50 years to exemption from local labor restrictions and issues, full repatriation of profits and capital, and no foreign currency restrictions.
- 100% foreign asset ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No minimum capital investment
- A shareholder’s liability is limited to the amount of its paid-up share capital
- No currency restrictions
- No corporate taxes to report
- No personal income taxes
- Ready-made factories and warehouses
- Excellent public infrastructure, support services, and communications
- Access to a consumer market of 1.4 billion people from countries within 6 hours of flying time from Dubai
Jebel Ali Free zone has been created to attract foreign businessmen accustomed to certain levels of quality and efficiency. The zone is served by a modern infrastructure of excellent roads, water, and power.
Office space is available for lease, as well as warehouses for storage, distribution, and manufacturing. Land to build purpose-built facilities is also available.
Does the content of this page resonate with you? If yes, please share it with your friends using one of the social media buttons or chat with us.
Go from Jebel Ali Freezone to Varal Consultancy DMCC homepage