Dubai Property Visa Rules 2019 – How to Obtain UAE Investor Visa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dubai Property Visa is much like a unicorn. Everyone has heard about it but no body has seen it. Well, we are going to uncover everything about this visa in this article.

What you are going to read below is not a theoretical knowledge about Dubai property visa process but what I have learned after assisting dozens of investors to obtain their UAE investor visa through property purchase in Dubai.

Update (July-2019) : 5 year Dubai Property Visa. Applications for 5 year property investment visa have started officially.
    Update (Jan-2019) : 2 Year visa upgraded to 3 year visa.

So what should be the value of property and it’s type? If you have read number of articles about Dubai real estate visa before reaching here then chances are, you already know the threshold value for such visa is AED 1,000,000. However, there is much contradictory information related to micro details and we are going to address those below.

Property/ Investment Value: The purchase value (not the current market value) of your property needs to be at least AED 1,000,000 or above.

Example: f you bought a property few years ago for AED 9,00,000 and now the property is worth AED 1,000,000 or more, it doesn’t qualify for the visa.

Property Type: Previously, Dubai Property visa was only issued against residential properties (Apartment/ Villa) however, Dubai Land Department is accepting applications for commercial properties (Hotel Room, Hotel Apartment, Office, Warehouse) as well.

Example: If you bought a property worth AED 1m or above but it is not ready yet or there is a dispute or it is not in a livable condition, you do not qualify for investor visa.

Acceptable Properties for Dubai Property Visa:

Apartment
    Services Apartment
    Villa/ Townhouse
    Hotel Apartment
    Hotel Room
    Office
    Warehouse

Note: The property should be in a freehold area. If you have purchased (leased) a property in a leasehold area, you are not the rightful owner of that property. Your title deed in this case will specify for how many years you have leased the property

Not Acceptable Properties for Dubai Property Visa:

Off-Plan Property
    Disputed Property
    Land/ Plot

Dubai Property Visa Rule Updates

If there is one thing that I have learned from assisting more than 50 clients to get their Dubai property visa than it is, “Dubai property visa rules keep changing rapidly”. This is another reason why most of the information available on the internet is outdated.

Let’s take a look at some of the Dubai property visa rule updates below;

Can an owner of multiple properties get Dubai Property Visa?
    Old Rule: You can apply for UAE investor visa against one property only.
    New Rule: You are eligible for UAE investor visa as long as your total investment is AED 1,000,000 or above in one of maximum three properties.

Can Dubai Property Visa be applied on a mortgaged property?
    Old Rule: You are not eligible for visa against your Dubai property if it is mortgaged.
    New Rule: You are eligible for property visa against your Dubai property as long as the purchase value is AED 1m or above and you have paid off 50% mortgage.

This is a complicated situation though, I had application of one client rejected because on his title deed, bank was mentioned as owner of property. So, if your property is financed, you should be mentioned as the owner of that property (it’s quite rare though).

In some cases, property is owned by two or more parties together which is called joint ownership. Let’s see what Dubai property visa rules have to say about such situation.

Joint Ownership (Different Entities): If the property is owned by multiple people, every one of them can apply for Dubai investor visa as long as that person has a share of AED 1m or above in purchase value.

Joint Ownership (Husband & Wife): If the property is owned jointly by husband and wife then any one can apply for UAE investor visa even if the property’s total purchase value is AED 1m divided between both of them. An attested marriage certificate has to be presented in this case.
    Dubai Property Visa Rule #2 – Property Condition

2 Dubai Property Visa Rule – Condition

I have already addressed the issue of property condition in above section. The reason to elaborate on this point is because I had many clients objecting on the condition of property as they were falsely informed by some developers that if they will buy their off plan property, they will get a resident visa of Dubai.

So, let’s list out in what condition your property needs to be in order to qualify for UAE property visa.

Freehold Property

This is the rule number one and there is no exception to it. The property against which you wish to apply for UAE property visa has to be a freehold property, period.

Ready Property

Let me write it in a way so it stands out properly, YOUR PROPERTY NEEDS TO BE IN A READY CONDITION, NO VISA WILL BE ISSUED IF THE PROPERTY IS OFF-PLAN (UNDER CONSTRUCTION).

If anyone is selling you an off plan property and trying to convince you that you can get UAE resident visa based on purchase of that property is ether lying to you on purpose or is lazy enough not to even verify information given to him by his colleague/ sales manager.

Another thing to keep in mind is, there should be no disputes against the property and it should be 100% ready to move in.

Habitable Condition

The property needs to be in a habitable condition. If the property has been declared unsafe by authorities for any reason, no Dubai property visa will be granted in that case.
    Dubai Property Visa Rule #3 – Visa Types

3 Dubai Property Visa Rules – Dubai Property Visa Types

How many type of Dubai property visas are available?

So basically, there are three types of UAE investor visas and you can opt for any of them. One is a six month multiple entry Dubai property visa and the other is three years multiple entry Dubai property visa.

Let’s take a look at these visa types below;

Six Month Multiple Entry Dubai Property Visa

The six month visa is technically considered as a tourist visa, you will not be issued an emirates ID like anyone who gets a long term resident visa and you will not have to go through medical examination as well.

The common features of six month investor visa are, cheap cost, short processing time and easy to do it on your own. I will discuss about the cost and process later in this article.

Three Year Dubai Property Visa

This is by far the most popular visa type and most of the clients prefer to go for this option. The visa is issued for three years tenure and can be renewed before or upon expiry at a nominal cost. If you want to enjoy all the perks of being a resident a UAE then this visa option is best for you.

Later in this article, I will discuss in detail about the cost and process involved in this visa.

Five Year Dubai Property Visa

In 2018, Dubai government announced that a five year investor visa will be issued to property investors in Dubai. This came into effect in July, 2019.

If you have invested at least AED 5 million in properties and have no mortgage on any of the properties, you can qualify for five year Dubai property visa.
    Dubai Property Visa Rule #4 – The Fee

4Dubai Property Visa Rules – Dubai Property Visa Cost

Before I jump into the details of how the Dubai property visa process works, let us talk about how much it can cost you.

Dubai Six Month Property Visa Fee

The six month property visa is not very expensive. The overall cost for this visa is around AED 2,000.

Dubai Three Year Property Visa Fee

There are multiple departments involved when it comes to three year residency visa against your property in Dubai. The overall cost of getting the visa will be approximately AED 15,000.
    Dubai Property Visa Rule #5 – Income and Work Scope

5 Dubai Property Visa – Income and Work Scope

The visa that you will get against your property purchase in Dubai will be a purely resident visa which means you or any of your family members will not be allowed to work on that visa.

In case if you or any of your family member wants to work, the visa status will have to be changed and the organization which offers the job will have to issue sponsoring visa.
    Dubai Property Visa Rule #6 – Required Documents

Dubai Property Visa Rules – How to Obtain Investor Visa in UAE

The overall documents required by Dubai Property Visa either you apply for six month or for three years is same. However there is a slight difference in some requirements and I am going to list the required documents separately below.

Documents Required for Six Month Dubai Property Visa

Original Title Deed
    Original Passport
    Good Conduct Certificate from Dubai Police
    NOC from Developer
    Current Visa Copy
    1x Passport Size Photo (white background)

The above documents have to be submitted in General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs Dubai. The main office is located in AlJafilliya behind Jafilliya police station – Bur Dubai. You can also visit any of the Amer Centers to process this visa.

Documents Required for Three Year Dubai Property Visa

Original Title Deed
    Original Passport
    Good Conduct Certificate from Dubai Police
    Current Visa Copy
    1 Passport Size Photo (white background)

Unlike six month visa, there are multiple departments involved in the process to whom documents have be to submitted during different stages of the process. The good thing is, all the departments have their branches inside Dubai Land Department so you are not required to go to any other place (in most of the cases).

Documents Required for Five Year Dubai Property Visa

Original Title Deed/s
    Original Passport
    Current Visa Copy
    1 Passport Size Photo (white background)

Since the five year visa is applicable to those investors who have invested at least AED 5 million in Dubai Property. The process has been made much simpler, doesn’t cost as much as three year visa and gets done in few days as compared to three year visa which can take up to 3 weeks.
    Dubai Property Visa Process In Detail

Dubai Property Visa Rules – How to Obtain Investor Visa in UAE

Before moving forward and initiating the procedure for Dubai investor visa, make sure that you have all the things in place. Double check on all the requirements above and put all the required documents in one file.

Six Month Dubai Property Visa Process
    As I mentioned above, the concerned department for such visa is General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs Dubai. Below are the steps to follow;

Contact the developer and apply for NOC. Specifically tell them that you require NOC for a six month visa. The cost of this NOC varies from developer to developer.
    Once you have obtained NOC from the developer, it is time to visit Dubai Police. You can visit any police station near you and apply for good conduct certificate. If you have/ had an emirates ID, you can skip this process and apply online through Dubai Police website/ application. The cost for this certificate is AED 220.
    Take the NOC, good conduct certificate and all supporting documents to GDFRA head office in inquire at the reception. They will guide you further where to go and submit the documents.
    Wait for a few days and your visa will be sent to you in email.

Three Year Dubai Property Visa Process

Let’s talk about the big elephant now. Unlike six month visa, there are multiple departments involved hence the visits to Dubai Land Department and the waiting days are more here.

I have gone through this so many times that if you wake me up in the middle of the night, I could tell you all the steps involved in half awake, half asleep condition as well.

Let’s take a look at the steps involved below;

Go to Dubai Land Department and ask them to give you a reference letter to be submitted to Dubai Police for good conduct certificate. If you have/ had emirates ID, just directly go to Dubai Police website/ application and apply for same. Give the certificate approximately two days to arrive in your email.
    Once you have the good conduct certificate, take it with you along with all supportive documents to Dubai Land Department. They will review the documents and if everything is okay, your application will be accepted. Wait for approximately 6 to 8 working days to get an update on your approval (official time frame given from DLD is 30 days for such approval).

Usually, you will get a text message. However in some cases, you will have to visit and follow up on approval.

Once approval received, visit Dubai Land Department again. This time, you have to apply for a trade license. Wait for another 4 to 5 working days for issuance of license.
    Once license issued, visit Dubai Land Department again and submit your original title deed (it will be replaced with a new one). Wait for approximately one day to get a text message from them.
    Once text message received, visit DLD again and collect the title deed. Take the new title deed with all the documents and apply for a resident permit. Wait for a few hours after application.
    The resident permit will be sent to your registered email address.

Five Year Dubai Property Visa Process

As I mentioned above, the process of five year Dubai property visa is much simpler as compared to three year visa.

Make sure you have all required documents with you.
    Visit Dubai Land Department and ask them about five year visa.
    They will look at the documents, verify details and collect the fee for processing.
    You will be done with it in a few days time as compared to a couple of weeks in case of three year Dubai Property Visa.

Yalla! You have successfully completed the procedure of obtaining UAE residence visa through property investment in Dubai.

Q: Can I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency Automatically?

You can buy property in Dubai but you will not get residency automatically. Residence visa in Dubai through property ownership is not given as a gift from the government. There is a separate procedure which you have to follow.
    Q: Can I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Lifetime Residency?

You can get a residency in UAE if you buy a property worth AED 1m in Dubai. However, the validity of this residency is three years and you have to renew your visa every three years. There is no such thing as lifetime residency visa in Dubai.

The government has recently announced a 5 year visa for real estate investors, 10 year visa for investors/ business owners and 5 year visa for retirees. These visas have not become applicable yet and once government will issue more details, I will write about it on my blog.
    Q: How Much Should I Invest In Property To Get UAE Residency?

The minimum threshold to qualify for investor visa in Dubai through property investment is AED 1 million. This investment can be in multiple properties however all properties should be ready and have a title deed issued by Dubai Land Department.
    Q: Can I Buy Any Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

You can buy any kind of property in Dubai but you will not get residence visa on all those properties. The property you purchase has to be a ready residential/ commercial property in order to qualify for investor visa.

Here is a checklist;

Community: Freehold
    Type: Residential/ Commercial
    Purchase Value: AED 1m or above
    Mortgaged: Conditional (Read below to know more)
    Joint Ownership: Conditional (Read below to know more)

Q: Can I Buy Off Plan Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

NO and once again a big NO. If any sales person, trying to sell you an off plan property says that you will get residency, he/ she is lying to you. The property has to be ready as you will need to present Title Deed in Dubai Land Department and off plan properties do not have a Title Deed.
    Q: Can I Buy Property In Dubai In Joint Ownership And Get Residency?

Yes, you can buy property in Dubai in joint ownership and still get residency. There are a few conditions to be met though.

If you buy a jointly owned property with your wife/ husband and the total value of purchase is AED 1m, you can get residency (attested marriage certificate to be attached).

If you buy a property in joint ownership with anyone other than your wife/ husband, your individual share in the purchase has to be AED 1m or above for you to qualify for Dubai property visa.
    Q: Can I Buy Property In Dubai On Company Name And Get Residency?

No, the property in Dubai has to be in your name for you to get residency based on that investment. In case, if you buy a property in your company’s name, you can get a visa through that company.
    Q: Can I Buy Property In Dubai In My Wife’s Name And Get Residency?

If you buy a property in your wife’s name, she becomes the owner of property. This means, your wife can get UAE investor visa in that case and not you. Your wife can, however, sponsor you after getting her residency in UAE.
    Q: I Was Gifted A Property In Dubai, Can I Get Investor Visa?

There have been many cases in which people approached me with similar questions and the answer is No.

When you are gifted a property, it clearly says on the title deed that the property was gifted/ donated/ granted to you which does not make you an investor so the government will not accept the application.
    Q: Can I Buy Commercial Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, you can get Dubai Property Visa on commercial property as well. This rule has recently changed and previously, applications for commercial properties were not acceptable.
    Q: Can I Buy Land In Dubai And Get Residency?

If you buy a land/ plot in Dubai, you will not get Dubai property visa. The residential/ commercial property that you purchase has to be ready and in habitable condition. Since, an empty piece of land/ plot is not habitable, the UAE investor visa will not be granted in this case.
    Q: Can I Buy Warehouse In Dubai And Get Residency?

Since warehouses comes in the commercial real estate category, Dubai property visa will be awarded in this case. The warehouse should be in a freehold area.
    Q: Can I Buy Office In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, since the rule for commercial properties has changed. So, you can get Dubai property visa if you buy an office in Dubai.
    Q: Can I Buy A Villa In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, you can buy a villa in Dubai and get residency. Since villa is a residential property so government will not have any problem accepting your application. Only thing to be considered while buying the villa is to make sure that you are buying in a freehold area and not a leasehold area.
    Q: Can I Buy An Apartment In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, you can buy an apartment in Dubai and get Dubai property visa. Again, you just have to make sure that the apartment is ready, residential, freehold, habitable and in a freehold community.
    Q: Can I Buy A Hotel Room In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, you can get Dubai property visa if you have bought a hotel room in Dubai.
    Q: Can I Buy A Serviced Apartment In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, you can buy a serviced apartment in Dubai and apply for residence visa on its bases. Since serviced apartments fall in the category of residential real estate, government has no issue accepting application for residency in such cases.
    Q: Can I Buy A Hotel Apartment In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, you can apply and get Dubai property visa if you have bought a hotel apartment in Dubai.
    Q: What Documents Are Required For Dubai Property Visa?

You will need to get good conduct certificate from Dubai Police and submit it along with following documents.

Original Title Deed
    Passport Copy
    1x Passport Size Photos (white background)

Some other documents, which may be required depending on case to case;

Entry/ Current visa copy (If you are on an entry/ tourist/ resident visa in UAE)
    Cancellation Paper (If you had a resident visa which you cancelled)
    Emirates ID Copy (If you had Emirates ID before)
    Attested Marriage Certificate (If property is jointly owned between husband and wife)

Q: How Much Should Be My Property Worth In Dubai To Get Residency?

As per the current requirements from Dubai Land Department, the purchase value of your property should be AED 1m or above. Remember, current value of the property is not going to be considered but the actual purchase value.
    Q: How Much Will It Cost To Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

These are two different procedures. First procedure is to buy a property in Dubai if you don’t already own one here. As a rule of thumb, in addition to paying the purchase price of the property, you will spend on average 6.5% on top.

4% of that will go to Dubai Land Department for Registration and 2% will be brokerage commission. Remaining 0.5% will be consumed in other small expenses like utility registrations, service charges, cleaning and some small repairs if needed in the property.

You can read in detail about process of buying property in Dubai here.

As for as the cost of getting residency visa is concerned, that would be approximately AED 15,000.
    Q: Can I Buy Property In Dubai On Mortgage And Get Residency?

Well, Yes and No. This is also a tricky situation so if you have not bought a property yet, you can avoid falling in the “NO” category.

As per Dubai Land Department, if you have a mortgage on your property, you can still get an investor visa provided you have either paid 50% of your mortgage against the property which was purchased for AED 1m or at least AED 1m against a property which was purchased for more than 1m and you still have not paid 50% of the capital.

Let’s say that you bought a property for AED 1m and you have already paid 60% or the capital which qualifies you for Dubai property visa.

One last thing to see is, who is the owner of the property as per title deed? Some banks will only issue the title deed in your name once you have paid 100% and some banks will issue the title deed in your name regardless of how much you have paid.

In case, if the property is in bank’s name, Dubai Land Department will not accept your investor visa application.
    Q: My Property In Dubai Is Worth More Than AED 1 Million, Can I Get Residency?

Your property in Dubai may be worth more than AED 1m but the million dollar questions is; what is the purchase price of the property? If you purchased the property 10 years ago for AED 600,000 and now its market value is AED 1.6m, your invested money is still AED 600k and that is what DLD will consider.
    Q: My Property’s Evaluation Is More Than AED 1 Million, Can I Get Residency?

This is again a variation of the above question. Dubai Land Department is only concerned with the purchase value written on your title deed and not what the evaluation sheet says.
    Q: Can I Buy A Leasehold Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

The very name of a leasehold property suggests that you are not the owner but a lessee and for Dubai property visa, you have to be the owner of the property.

I had a lady come to me a year ago, who had bought an apartment in one of the leasehold areas in Dubai for more than AED 2m in the hopes that she and her family will be able to get residency visas only to realize afterwards that it cannot be done.

Before you go ahead and buy a property in Dubai from the perspective of getting a resident visa, make sure that you are buying in a freehold area.
    Q: Can I Buy Property In Dubai And Apply For Residency Visa Myself?

Yes, you can buy a property in Dubai and apply for residency visa yourself. You can go to Dubai Land Department with the list of documents that I have provided above and apply for your visa.

Majority of people do it themselves however, if you are someone who does not have the time to wait in Dubai for 4 to 5 weeks and visit Dubai Land Department multiple times during this tenure, you can reach out to me and I can help you get the visa even when you are traveling around the world.
    Q: How Long Do I Have To Be In Dubai To Complete Residency Process?

If everything goes well without any delays/ complications along the way, you could be done with your residency application in three weeks time.

In my experience so far, there can be certain delays and the entire process can take up to six week time as well.
    Q: Can I Sell My Dubai Property After Getting Investor Visa?

You can sell your property in Dubai whenever you want. However, when you have a property visa on the same property, there are certain things which have to be done first.

You will have to cancel your visa against that property, cancel the trade license with Department of Economic Development (DED), change the title deed in your name and then proceed with the transfer of ownership.
    Q: What Is Trade License For In Dubai Property Visa?

Naturally, in Dubai, for anyone to get a residency visa, there has to be either a sponsoring person/ entity. Since your property itself is not an entity, Dubai Land Department (DLD) has coordinated with Department of Economy and Development (DED) to issue a trade license against your property in your name.

Once the trade license is issued (in your name), the title deed of the property is then transferred from your name to the trade license.

Your visa is then sponsored through your trade license and that is the reason why trade license is issued. Keep in mind that it is a special purpose trade license and not a commercial trade license.
    Q: Why Is Trade License For Dubai Property Visa So Expensive?

Whenever someone asks me to send them cost breakdown of Dubai property visa or downloads the breakdown from my website, a very common questions that I get is why the trade license is so expensive?

Of course, it stands out when all the other procedures cost between AED 500 to AED 1,500 and the trade license alone costs AED 8,000. What a lot of people do not realize is that the trade license has a validity of 4 years as well.

I personally know many people who open up an LLC or Freezone company in UAE just to get residency visa and spend somewhere between AED 20,000 to AED 50,000 yearly for renewal of their trade license on which they are not doing any business.

AED 8,000 divided into four years is only AED 2,000/ year. Is that too expensive as compared to AED 25,000/ year for a normal trade license?
    Q: What Is The Validity Of Trade License For Dubai Property Visa?

The trade license issued for Dubai property visa is a special purpose trade license. The validity of this trade license is four years.
    Q: What Is The Validity Of Dubai Property Visa?

The validity of Dubai property visa used to be two years which was changed by Dubai Land Department in January, 2019 to three years.
    Q: Is Dubai Property Visa Renewable?

Yes, the Dubai property visa is 100% renewable and you can keep renewing it for as long as you want. If any rules change in future in terms of eligibility etc. those will be applicable to new applications and you can still continue renewing your visa.
    Q: Can I Buy Multiple Properties In Dubai With Total Purchase Value Of AED 1m And Get Residency?

This is one such rule which has changed the most for Dubai property visa. The latest rule is, you can get residency visa even if your investment is divided into multiple properties.
    Q: Should I Buy Property In Dubai And Live In It To Get Investor Visa?

No, there is no such requirement. You can choose to live wherever you want.
    Q: Can I Buy And Rent My Property In Dubai On Which I Will Get Investor Visa?

Yes, you absolutely can. As I have stated above, you don’t have to personally occupy the property that you purchase for Dubai investor visa.

If you are not going to be living in Dubai for most part of the year, I would suggest you to either rent it out on annual basis or give it on short term rental so you can still live in your apartment when you are in town.

You can also read how the short term rental process works in Dubai and how it can increase your income.
    Q: Can I Sponsor My Family On My Dubai Property Visa?

Yes, you can sponsor your family on your investor visa in Dubai. Following are the family members who can be sponsored;

Parents
    Wife
    Male Child (Up to the age of 18)
    Female Child (As long as she is not married)

Following are the family members who you might want to sponsor but you cannot;

Your brother/ Sister
    Your Uncle/ Aunt
    Your grand parents
    Your in-laws

Q: Can I Sponsor Domestic Help On My Dubai Property Visa?

Yes, you can sponsor domestic help on your Dubai property investor visa. As a matter of fact, it is much easier to sponsor domestic servants on an investor visa as compared to an employment visa in UAE.

Following categories of domestic workers can be sponsored;

House maid
    Cook/ Chef
    Driver
    Nanny

Q: Can I Sponsor A Driver On My Dubai Property Visa?

Yes, you can sponsor a driver on your Dubai investor visa. It is preferable if the driver has a valid UAE driving license.
    Q: Can I Sponsor A Maid On My Dubai Property Visa?

Yes, you can sponsor a house maid on your investor visa based on property here in Dubai.
    Q: Can I Sponsor My Parents On My Dubai Property Visa?

Yes, you can sponsor your parents on your visa as well. To sponsor your parents, you will have to provide following documents;

Your attested birth certificate
    Attested marriage certificate of your parents
    Passport copies of your parents

Q: Can I Sponsor My Brother/ Sister On My Dubai Property Visa?

No, unfortunately you are not allowed to sponsor your siblings in your investor visa here in UAE.
    Q: Can I Sponsor My In Laws On My Dubai Property Visa?

This is again, one of those very commonly asked questions and the answer is No. You cannot sponsor your in-laws on your visa.
    Q: Is There Any Age Limit To Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

Surprisingly, many people think that there is an age limit to buy property in Dubai or at least to get residency visa. I believe, this question arises from the fact that once you reach the age of 60, you have to retire and cancel your employment visa.

Well, you are an investor, you are not applying for a job position, are you? There is no age limit for buying a property in Dubai as well as getting the investor visa as well.
    Q: Can I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency Without Health Insurance?

No, having health insurance became mandatory in UAE from 2017. If you do not have a valid health insurance policy, your visa application will not be accepted and you will be asked to provide health insurance certificate.

Either you can buy a health insurance policy in UAE or get a policy from your home country which covers you in UAE as well.
    Q: Will I Get An Emirtes ID When I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, just like every resident living in UAE, you will also get an Emirates ID as well.
    Q: Can I Live In Any Emirate If I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

United Arab Emirates (UAE) comprises of seven independent emirates/ states. All these states combined together form UAE which is a single country. So yes, you can chose to live/ visit any emirate in UAE.
    Q: Can I Take Up A Job If I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residence Visa?

The property investor visa in Dubai is specifically for residency purpose. As per the laws in UAE, you need to have a specific visa for a job profession that you wish to do in the country. So, if you are offered a job from a company in UAE, the company will be responsible to provide you with resident visa as well.
    Q: Can I Do Business If I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

Again, to indulge in any business activities, you require approvals from concerned authorities and register a business here.
    Q: How Long Can I Stay Outside UAE If I Have Dubai Property Visa?

You have to enter UAE at least once every 360 days to keep your visa valid. If a person fails to enter UAE within this specified time, the visa becomes invalid automatically.

Once the visa is invalid, it has to be cancelled and new visa has to be applied.
    Q: Can I Sponsor My Son Above The Age Of 18 On My Dubai Property Visa?

No, you cannot sponsor your son if his age is 18 or above. There is only one exception though. If your son is studying here, you can get a letter from his school and sponsor him until the age of 21.
    Q: can I sponsor my daughter above the age of 18 on my Dubai property visa?

There is no age limit to sponsor a female child. As long as your daughter is not married, she is under your guardianship and you can sponsor her on your visa.
    Q: Can I Sponsor My Daughter Who Is Married On My Dubai Property Visa?

If your daughter is married, you are not her guardian anymore. It is her husband who becomes her guardian so only her husband/ son/ daughter can sponsor her on their visa.
    Q: Can My Sponsored Family Members Get Driving License In Dubai?

Yes, your sponsored family members can get a driving license in UAE. They will however require an NOC from you since they are under your responsibility.
    Q: Can I Buy Property In Dubai, Get Residency And Open A Bank Account In UAE?

You can open a bank account in UAE as a non-resident as well. However, once you get your Dubai property visa and become a resident, your options become vast and you can open an account with almost all the banks in UAE.
    Q: Can I Get A Personal Loan If I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, you can get a personal loan once you become a resident of UAE. How much you can borrow and what will be terms and conditions is something that will be decided by the bank. Most of the banks require you to be a resident for at least six months before you can avail personal/ home loan.
    Q: Can I Get Home Loan If I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, it works just like a personal loan and you will have to be a resident for at least six months before you can apply for this service.
    Q: Can I Get A Credit Card If I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, you can get a credit card with almost all the banks. Final terms and conditions will be decided by individual banks under the guidelines of central bank of UAE.
    Q: Why Do I Need To Have A Monthly Income Of AED 10,000 To Get Residency In Dubai?

Although, in my experience, no proof of income has been asked by anyone, when you are applying for a residence visa, you are telling the government that you intend to live in UAE. The government wants to make sure that you have sufficient income to support your life in the country.
    Q: Can I Show My Rental Income To Justify That I Earn Aed 10,000 Per Month?

Yes, you can show your rental income as a proof of you earning AED 10,000 per month. The properties and contracts must be in your name.
    Q: I Am Retired And Have Only Savings, Can I Buy Property In Dubai And Get Residency?

Yes, you can. In case, if you don’t have a monthly income but you have savings in your bank account, we can provide government with your account statement.
    Note: In most of the cases, no proof of income is asked by the government but it is better to have such documents ready in case requested by authorities.
    Q: How Much Does The Renewal Of Dubai Property Visa Costs?

The renewal of Dubai property visa does not cost a lot of money. Your visa can be renewed under the budget of AED 10,000 for another three years.
    Q: I Heard, There Is Going To Be A 10 Year Investor Visa In Dubai, Can I Apply For That?

In june, 2018 government of Dubai announced that they will be issuing long term 10 year visas to investor and specialized professions along with offering a 100% foreign ownership in mainland companies. So far, no more updates have come out regarding 10 year visas.

It is also not clear, whether 10 year visa will be applicable to property investors or not. I will write about it in detail once more information will be officially available.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Visa’ is closed to new topics and replies.