An application for registration must be made through a licensed Management Company. The click to see the Know Your Client Documents that are required for company incorporation in Mauritius are:
* Constitution (3 copies)
* Notice of First Directors, Secretary and location of registered office
* Consent forms of Directors and Secretary
* Other information that is necessary for the establishment of a Company:
* Letters of reference from banker, lawyer, accountant (Letters of reference may be dispensed with if the promoter is itself a fund manager authorized in another jurisdiction. In such cases, the letters of reference may be replaced by proof of authorization in the other territory and a copy of the promoter’s latest accounts.
* Short CVs are needed of the persons to be involved in key positions in the Mauritian company).
* Certificate from local law practitioner
* Name and address of local representative
* Set of constitutive documents of the scheme (i.e, Prospectus, Custodian Agreements, sub Custodian Agreement, Investment Management Agreement, Administration Agreement, Investment Advisory Agreement, Secretarial and Registrar Agreement, etc.)
* Name and particulars of expatriate staff if required
* Brief track record of applicant and detailed business plan