- Confidentiality of trustee’ deliberations, identity of Settlor and Beneficiaries.
- Possibility to establish letters and memorandum of wishes.
- Anti forced heir ship rules.
- Migration of asset protection trust possible.
- Concept of managing and custodian trustee (up to four trustees)
- Charitable asset protection trusts are exempt from tax.
- The proper law of the asset protection trust is the one chosen by the Settlor, or the one implied in the asset protection trust Deed. If no law is chosen, the one which is most closely connected at the time of creation of the asset protection trust will be treated as the proper law.
- A resident asset protection trust may benefit from the network of Double Tax Treaties.
Summary: Main features of Mauritius asset protection trusts was last modified: April 14th, 2015 by